AIM is the name of our safety system developed by Dr. Jim Bennett of Loss Prevention Systems to prevent or reduce incidents using behavior-based tools and proven management techniques.
Its objective is to provide all employees with a safe, healthy, incident-free workplace. We chose AIM because it proved successful in different
applications across numerous industries and cultures. AIM is a product of 25 years of industrial experience and research.
Why has AIM been Successful?
Historically, focus has been on unsafe conditions, not unsafe activities. Recent research indicates 90% of incident root causes are related to
work activity behavior while only 10% are related to work conditions. AIM is a behavior-based system that focuses primarily on the 90%.
Basic Concepts of AIM
- Direction from top-down, solve problems from bottom-up.
- Different roles and responsibilities.
- Proactive versus reactive.
- We integrate AIM with daily business activities.
- "Understand, believe, practice."
- Dupré has tailored tools to the needs and characteristics of the organization.
Six AIM tools:
- Safe Performance Self-Assessment (SPSA)
- Incident Investigation (II)
- Near Miss (NMI)
- Incident Prevention Observation (IPO)
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)